USPS Zone Map
What are Zones, and how do they affect your shipping costs?
USPS shipping rates are based on three different factors:
- Which USPS service you choose
- The size & weight of the package (except for Flat Rate)
- How far away your recipient is from you, which is also known as the "Zone"
Zones are calculated using the zipcodes, and vary based on the distance from the origin of a shipment to its destination. Here's how that roughly breaks down:
- Zone 1: 1-50 miles
- Zone 2: 51-150 miles
- Zone 3: 151-300 miles
- Zone 4: 301-600 miles
- Zone 5: 601-1000 miles
- Zone 6: 1001-1400 miles
- Zone 7: 1401-1800 miles
- Zone 8: 1801 miles or greater
- Zone 9: US territories & some Military addresses
The price you'll pay for shipping depends on the service and package, but generally the farther away the recipient of your shipment is the higher the zone will be, and the more it will cost.
Use the Zone Map above to get a customized chart for your location 👆
To get a rate quote, use our USPS shipping rate calculator: